Saturday, August 05, 2006

Rehearsal Day

This day started bright and early. I headed for a egg sandwich at 8:30 and then headed to the farmers market in Park Slope for some nectarines. It was early but it was stil hot out. I picked up my tux in Manhattan, bought a few books in B&N and headed back to Brooklyn to rest for a little bit before heading to Queens for the rehearsal dinner. I was going with Pete, so I made sure to give him an earlier time so he wasn't late. It turned out we were one of the first guest at Dae Dong. A few of the bride's maids were there. People started rolling in a few minutes after we arrived. And soon the food was being served. The party consisted of the bridal party, both sets of parents, a set of aunts and uncles and our videographer.

In usual Korean BBQ fashion the choice of appertizers were there and we all ordered our own dish. Of course, everybody was sharing their dishes. Then we went down to business. Roy gave us a thank you speech and told us our responsibilities, which we already knew. Jess, in true teacher form, had a list and detailed instructions. After that the gave us our gifts. Very nice gifts. I then joined Roy with his parents back to their hotel to pick up Roy's car.

The plan was to head back to Roy's hotel and hang out with Roy for his last single night. Pete, John, Mike and Nate joined us. We just hung out and drank a few beers and talked about the next day and how everything has come by so quickly. We talked about the past and looked towards the future.

Oh, and roy stood at the Hilton in Long Island. It is probably one of the nicer hotels in Long Island. Anyways, their just happen to be three separate parties of black families that happened to be in town for family reunions. Roy got the Asian hook up by the Asian staff member and was upgraded to a suite. We think it was to get him off of the black hotel floor because it would have been crazy on that floor and Roy probably wanted to enjoy his wedding night...

John and I stayed with Roy and I was able to enjoy the sounds of Roy and John battling for the loudest snore.

No comments: