Halfway through my trek in the D, I had another full day ahead of me. I was able to catch up on my emails in the morning and then head to lunch with my parents, my brother, sister, and aunt at Jimmy Buffet's restaurant, Cheeseburgers in Paradise. I felt like I was in Key West with a bunch of overweight people. The food was very good. I had a blackened talapia whci was very good.
In the afternoon I went shopping for window treatments with my mom. Using her interior decorating skills, we picked the right fit for my bedroom. Then it was onto my second game of the week, this time with Stu.
I met Stu down in Detroit along with Feras and Jeff Stine for a drink and some appertizers at Small Plates. It is fairly close to Comerica Park, so it was packed. We had a few mojitos, some "small plates" and then headed to the game.
Unfortunately, this game didn't turn out as well. The other rookie pitcher, Zach Miner, didn't start out very well and the Tigers could not catch up. Nonetheless, the crowd stayed into the game until the end.
After the game we went over to a bar called Cliff's Bells. It was an old speakeasy that was closed in the 70s. The new owner renovated it and used much of the original fixtures. Wednesday, was big band night. They had a full orchestra on the stage. It was pretty cool. It also gave us time to catch up. It was good to have Stu in town and catch up with him.
Wednesday, August 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment