Sunday, August 06, 2006

Pre Wedding Festivities

The morning started how the night finished, with snoring. But, it's all good. I was looking forward to breakfast. As we walked out, it looked to be a perfect day. Hot, but not extremely hot and not humid.

John, Roy, and I headed to the local diner for some greasy breakfast with the shakes. We all had a full breakfast with eggs pancakes, and some sore of meat. Afterwards, John, the videographer went to look for a new video camera. He found one and after we left we decided that he needed another battery. We went back to the place where we bought it and they didn't have it. We tried a photo shop, nothing. Then we tried a camera shop, nada. As we headed back to the hotel, I recognized one of the freeways and knew that there was a Best Buy near here.

As we headed west, I noticed Roy continually staring at the clock in the car. He did not want to be late and it was understand. I went on John's Treo and tried to look up the Best Buy store locator. It wsa too late and Roy requested to turn around. As we started heading the other way, I finally had the store locator come up. And I was right! I called the store and they had a battery available. So we turned around again, arrived at the Best Buy in 10 minutes and moved as quick as possible. Unfortunately, everybody in the store was in the camera section! When we finally got what we were looking for, we raced back to hotel to get ready.

As we were getting ready, Roy was becoming more and more focused...and a little nervous. Not nervous that he was getting married, nervous that something would go wrong. Things were going as planned. We were on the road and heading to Jessica's parent's house on time. We actually arrived at our requested time, 3:30.

It was a perfect day for pictures. The backyard is a beautiful place for pictures. Mr. and Mrs. Park have done a wonderful job of landscaping it with several areas that have flowers, fruits, vegetables, and herbs. As we walked in the back, the bridesmaids were in the back. Jess was inside. Then Jessica came outside. She looked amazing. The dress was beautiful also. Roy's smile was as wide as his face.

Over the next hour and half we took picture with Roy, Jess, Roy and Jess, the bridal party. It was hot with the tuxes in the sun, so we tried to stay in the shade. We had a little to nibble on inside. At 5:30, we headed to the reception hall so we could meet Roy's parents.

No comments: