Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to update my blog, but it wasn’t only because I was busy. My computer had an unfortunate accident because of its owner. As I was leaving the house on Thursday morning, I was in a rush and left my laptop on the ledge near my windows. This would have been okay, had it not downpoured later that day…
I came back with my sister and her husband and forgot about it until I saw it on the ledge. Needless to say, it was soaked. Lisa and I took the computer apart and let everything dry out. The next day, we put it back together and it was working fine, until everything was moving slow. I checked my disk space available and it was at 0%! We decided to do a disk clean up on the computer. When I woke up in the morning, this crazy message came up saying it lost some files. I called Dell and after troubleshooting for about an hour with India, nothing changed. But we did pinpoint the issue. Luckily, it wasn’t the hard drive, it was the software for Windows XP.
Since then, I haven’t really been home at night until late, so I haven’t been able to search for the XP disk, since it wasn’t in the place I thought it would be. Hopefully, I can fix it before I leave to Detroit on Saturday. I had a pretty good weekend and week so far that I will detail when I have a computer at home again, so it might be when I head back to the D.
Saturday, August 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment