Sunday, August 27, 2006

Off to New York

Apparently, Detroit was sad to see me go and it was raining when I woke up. I was heading to my parent's for breakfast. My mom made some wonderful crepes adn we talked about the upcoming week.

While I look back on the week that was, it was one of my favorite visits on a personal level. Since I have moved out to New York, I had a reason to come in, whether it was for a wedding or holiday. This time I did not have a reason. I was coming in just to come in and hang out with my friends and family, which is what I did. I was able to had some very good conversations with people that I really care about. I wsa able to reconnect with the city I grew up in. I was able to enjoy myself and do things that I wanted to do, try some new restaurants, see some areas of the city that I have not been to. Most people would think it is boring to go to Detroit for a whole week, but not me.

As I headed to the airport on Sunday afternoon and thanked my brother for his hospitality, I realized how all my relationships grew this week with the people I saw and will look forward to reconnecting with these people throughout the year, whether it is on the phone or in person.

One last thing, they just redid the terminal that my flight was leaving from. There is a connecting long hallway between two of the building at Detroit Metro Airport. I didn't even know they renovated this part, but I attached some pictures. It's very trippy, with these flashing colorful lights and they freaky music.

No comments: