I was able to enjoy my last night in the D with my friends. My friend Feras is moving into the city of Detroit any day now (as soon as his furniture arrives). Tom, my brother and I headed over to his empty solace prior to heading out for a few drinks. He has a really nice view facing the city. I give him props for heading back to the city. Some people think it doesn't make sense. I think he is doing a great thing. If I still lived in Detroit, I would be doing the same.
After leaving his place, we headed downtown to the Town Pump. It was slightly packed when we went down there. I thought it would be more packed than it was because it was the night of the Motor City Bowl. It did start picking up after awhile. It was good to catch up with Tom. I had not seen him all week because he was sick as a dog.
Tom and I have a long history together. You could say he is one of my oldest friends. We played soccer together at Queen of Peace from 1st Grade until 4th grade until my school, St Jude had school had soccer. We would see each other when we played soccer, but we went to rival high schools. About halfway through my first semester at school, this guy across the hallway asked if I was Chris Cansiani. And he told me he was Tom Koch. And we have been very good friends since then.
After a while we attempted to find a change of scenery, so we attempted to head to a few other bars. Half of them were closed. It was quite surprising...Oh well, we ended up at a dive bar where three drinks cost $10. Pretty, pretty good...
Monday, December 26, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment