Sunday, December 25, 2005

Christmas Day

The day started off early as we headed to my Grandma's house for breakfast. My grandma is 85 years old and lives on her own. She is a trooper and enjoy hearing her stories of her time in the old country (Italy). She has seemed a lot better than the last time I was in. She has had bouts of memory loss and will repeat things occasionally. I did not see much of that this time.

After that I watched the Piston kill the Spurs on the less marketed game of the day. I'm sure the NBA is pissed that the two best teams are smaller markets than their ideal markets.

People started to pile in to my parents house, my Aunt Theresa, Uncle Bruce, my cousins Marisa and Bob, my sister Sue, brother-in-law Paul, nieces, Alexis and Paige, brother Kevin and his girlfriend Kate, Uncle Anthony and Aunt Virginia. My brother and mom bonded by making gnocchi on Friday, which was the start of our dinner. We all sat in my parents basement and I soaked in being with family for the holidays. It was really good to be home and with family! I did my best to try to catch up with everybody.

After dinner we opened up presents. Everybody opened their gifts with smiles on their face. It seems that everybody did a good job buying for everyone. But the best gift I recieved this Christmas was being here at this moment. This has not necessarily been the easiest Christmas for me and being home was extra special for me. So thank you everyone for contributing for this gift!

No comments: