I would not normally have written a separate Christmas Eve and Christmas blog, but each one has a deserving story.
Earlier in the week, my dad had told me about a cousin of his that he had recently been in touch with invited him and his family to Christmas Eve. I didn't know what to expect, since I have not met them in the 30 years that I have been on this earth. But I told him that I would go. Right when we pulled up to their house and walked towards the door, I instantly felt at home by my 2nd cousin, Janis. I felt like I had known her all my life. Then, my cousin Dolly had walked in about 5 minutes later. She ran over and gave me a hug. They talked about how much I looked like my dad, which I do.
This was definitely a Christmas treat that I will never forget. The feast that Janis, Dolly, and Jan's daughter, Kelly had prepared was unbelieveable. We started out with an array of Italian appertizers and various dips. Then the dinner was comprised of several seafood entrees, one just as good as the others. The final piece was homemade cannolis. Quite delictible. But, again, the most important part of the night was hanging out with family. Family is the piece of the puzzle that makes the holidays so good. And now I have even more family to come home to.
Saturday, December 24, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment