The last 24 hours have been pretty crazy. Besides being busy at work, we have remembered John Lennon, my sister, brother-in-law, and my niece and nephew have visited, and we have witnessed the first snow of the year. I have added pictures to show it.
First, I am a huge Beatle/John Lennon fan. As many may or may not know, yesterday marked the 25th anniversary of his murder, which happened right outside of his New York City apartment at the Dakota, on 72nd and Central Park West. I was pretty indifferent about going about going to the vigil, which was at Strawberry Fields in Central Park. I was surprised at the the amount of people that were there. They were singing Beatles and John Lennon songs. Families were there. Hippies were there. Musicians were there. All in all it was pretty peaceful. I was glad I was a part of it.
I was planning on meeting my sister and her family. The only problem is that I gave my brother-in-law my mobile, so I had no way of getting a hold of him. We had planned on meeting at 71st and Central Park West at 7:30, but somehow, even though both of us were at the same location, we never saw each other for 45 minutes. That started the night off wrong.
The next poor part of the night was my cab ride back to the Upper East Side. I was in a car heading north on Central Park West at 72nd Street. Even though I live on 86th and it would have been easier to continue to go north, my man decided to head south. Big mistake. To make a long story short, we ended up going north and crossed at 86th street , a costly ($$$) mistake!
I still had to wait for my brother-in-law to return so we could go to dinner. I was taking him out for his birthday to Smith & Wollensky. At 10, he finally arrived, and not too happy. Hey, at least we were headed to S&W.
My roomie had taken me for my birthday a few years ago and it was a total men's club. I think I only saw a few people were women and all were Americans. This time, there were plenty of women and Europeans. The food was again delicious, but a little undercooked.
I went to sleep anticipating the first true snowfall of the year.
I awoke and looked outside and there was not as much snow as anticipated. However, when we headed outside, we were met my the onslaught of huge flakes of snow. I do quite enjoy the snow. Let me tell a little bit about how I feel about the winter. With the exception of the winter in Australia, I have spent every winter in the cold. I hate cold weather and every year I complain and wonder why I am still in this climate. The only thing that I enjoy about the winter is snow storms. I don't care about how cold it is, if it is snowing, I can tolerate it. It gives me a feeling of comfort and warmth. You'll see the pictures I attached. Enjoy the snow (if you are able to enjoy it)!
Friday, December 09, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
interesting.
interesting?
Post a Comment