My friend Stu's boss offered him two tickets to the USC game and he invited me to go. I wanted to see how the other side lives and checked out the game at LA coliseum. I wouldn't say that the tailgates was anything like a MSU-UM game, but it was pretty good. Lots of people right outside of the stadium tailgating. There was definitely a higher echelon of fans there, but they still looked to be tailgating well. Stu mentioned the seats were pretty good...well he wasn't kidding 50 yard line, three row from the field! The tickets have been in the family for three generations, so they have moved up as time as gone on. The crowd was definitely into the game, but it still can't match a game at the Big House. USC spanked them, to no surprise. They do have a very good offense. JD Booty is a pretty consistent offense.
Side note: The tickets were on the visitors bench side and there were these colorful fans who were harassing the people on the bench, most without the profanities, but since we were pretty close to the bench, they could hear them. It was pretty funny because the guys they were harassing would turn back occasionally. They reminded me of my friend from U of D, Scott Courtney who used to sit behind the visitors bench at the basketball games and heckle the opposing team.
It rained a little bit during the game, not to hard, but it was funny when there was a steady pour, the entire 92K of fans simultaneously put on their raincoats, ponchos, etc. if they had them. This was the first time in years it has rained in September and it also made it "winterlike", meaning low 60s, high 50s, but I saw a girl in a pea coat, wool hat and gloves! I guess I'll have to get used to that.
After the game we went to Roy's Hawaiian Fusion near the Staples Center. It was really good. The entire menu looked good, but I ended up going with the pre fixe because of the dessert, the flourless chocolate cake soufflé.
I took public transportation for the first time in LA. I wouldn't say it's up to par with NYC public transit, but it will do. I took the Passport, this small bus line that runs through Long Beach over to the rail which took me near LA Coliseum, where we took a bus to the stadium. The rail was good, but I should have drove to the rail because the wait time was long and because I arrived back in LB late, I took a while to get home.
Sunday, September 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thats awesome man.
I saw that game on TV!
Post a Comment