Sunday, November 19, 2006

Movie and a lunch...and a concert

I went and saw Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan with my brother and Shams down in the East Village. It was quite a funny movie and needs to be taken as a comedy and is quite racy. Borat comes from a small town in Kazakhstan and comes to the US to learn about the US culture. It is so funny because the people who are in the documentary
think it was actually a documentary. Sasha Cohen traveled from New York to the South to California in search of his one true love...Pam Anderson. Along the way he learns about American life and tries to relate it back to his homeland. All in all a very funny movie. But if your easily offended, I wouldn't recommend it.

Next we scoured the East Village for some grub and ended up at 7A Cafe. Just missing the brunch, we opted for the dinner which wasn't half bad either.

At the end of the day, my brother had roped us into going to see Ben Folds play at the Hammerstein Ballroom. I was hesitant, but I went along. I do like his music, but I wasn't into him that much where I would pay a lot to see. I'm glad I went. Ben ditched the five of Ben Folds Five, but he didn't miss a beat. He brings a little comedy to his show. As an opening bit, he came out, or so I thought, but it was a body double, when the real Ben Folds came out and fake punched the guy. I recognized most of the song and he did a good job of having the crownd interact.

No comments: