Thursday, November 23, 2006

Dampy Thanksgiving

The possibility of heading to the parade went out the door when I looked the window and it was raining. In hoping that it would stop, we held off on heading to my cousin's for dinner, but it never stopped, so we had to head out in the rain...and when we arrived on the other side of the world to the Upper West Side. When we arrived there the food started and it never stopped, like the rain.

My parents came in for two reasons. Reason number one was, of course, to see me. The second reason was because my cousin's mom (Cathy, or as we call her Cugi, the italian word for cousin) was in at the same time with her husband. My mom and Cugi grew up and went to high school together and have been close ever since. My cousin and her husband, Bri, also invited one her friends and husband.

The appertizers consisted of this wonderful brie with carmelized onions and pistachios, quesedillas, crue d'te, and tex-mex dip. A few hours later we sat down for dinner. As if the appertizer wasn't enough, the dinner topped it off. I had to have everything. The turkey. The sweet potatoes. The mac n' cheese (my favorite, with gruyere). Stuffing with mushrooms. Needless to say, I was stuffed!

As if it wasn't enough food, the dessert was delicious. It was interesting to watch the interaction among the generations. We interacted together, but they had their own discussions and we had ours. It was an interesting social experiment, but nonetheless a great time!

We headed out around 9:30 and I was still stuffed! And it was still raining...they said the forecast was sun tomorrow. The way today was, I find that hard to believe.

No comments: