After training some clients in the morning, I headed back to relax a little bit and then wait for my guests to arrive. Guest 1 arrived excited about the the U of M game besides my Detroit guests. The game did not turn out well for U of M fans as they lost 42-39. But they played well and I will not let it let me down. Roy and his wife along with several others headed to Convivium Osteria.
As we waited for our table I was wondering where they were going to fit us since there was only six tables. Then when they finally sat us, they led us downstairs. Plenty of room, but it was a little hot. Beautiful layout, brick walls, old school things hanging on the way. It felt like old world. We started out with party of 8, then it increased to 12. Good times. The service was very European (i.e., slow) and it didn't help that our waiter was manning the whole floor! We had some delicious appertizers, quail, sardines, olives. My main was delicious, rack of lamb. I think half of the crew had the same.
Afterwards we all headed to Sheep Station, an Australian bar, which to my delight had some Australian beers that I haven't seen since Australia like Toohey's New. We had a bloody good time. As the crew diminished, some of us had a few more drinks at Union Hall. Union Hall was packed, even at 1 am! Good atmosphere. We ended up meeting some people who were from Detroit. In fact, one of them frequented Shams' first job location, a video store in Pleasant Ridge! The one great factor about this place that hasn't been mentioned yet, the bocce courts, which i will get into greater detail in a later post.
On the long walk home we jammed to some Midnight Vultures on the way home!
Thanks to all who joined me for my bday celebration. I meant a lot. Thank you Jess and Roy for setting everything up!
Sunday, November 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment