Friday, September 22, 2006

Girl's Weekend

This weekend was a family weekend. My sister and my cousin (who are both about the same age) came in from Detroit and my other sister came in from down the coast. The D girls came in Friday midday. I gave them my key when I was in Detroit last month, so I decided to work a full day since my other sister wasn't coming in so I could take Monday off to hang with the sister that was staying in. My other sister arrived on the train around 6 and I met her in Midtown and we headed back to Brooklyn.

The dinner was given to me by P&P and they joined us for dinner at 360 in Red Hook. Red Hook is actually quite a long drive from Prospect Heights. The drive was worth it. It was a french restaurant with a pre fixe menu at a really good price. And the food was excellent. All in all, we had two of the main choice. The butternut squash soup was delicious. And the chocolate mousse was impecable. And the lamb was succulent. The chef came from Balthazar, which has provided me with the best lamb chops I have ever had. After dinner, we heade to P&P and my family was able to see their wonderful apartment and an after dinner drink. All of us were able to enjoy a new experience of Brooklyn.

No comments: