Thursday, September 21, 2006

Back on the UES

After work today, I went on the Upper East Side for the first extended period since I moved out. After my haircut, I headed over to Citarella to grab some cheese for this weekend's guests and to Roy and Jess's place for some dinner. Everything pretty much looked the same, but as usual, there was new construction going on (which I think would go on in an area in the city). I can notice the night and day difference of my old place and new place. Convience is definitely an advantage of the UES. A neighborhood feel is an advantage of Prospect Heights. And UES is more gentrified. I think they both have a lot of young families in each location, but the personalities of a Prospect Heights family would be different than a UES family. I think you would tend to see more corporate professionals, trust fund families on the UES, where you will find more independant professionals in PH.

But enough about my social commentary. Jess made a wonderful salmon and salad. We were able to catch up. They have had a busy week. The strip mall where her parents business was had a fire so they have been helping out the family. The fire wasn't the fault of their parent's business, but the deli four stores down. Please keep them in your prayers. They are great people and do not deserve what has happened to them. I miss hanging out with them. While it is fun living on my own, I enjoy the company of others at times. We'll be doing the same after my soccer game next Friday night. Looking forward to it!

No comments: