I had to make sure that it was raining all around New York, so I headed to Manhattan early in the afternoon after watching 10 Things I hate about you in Brooklyn. It wasn't raining that hard when I left, but once I arrived above ground in Manhattan, it was a steady downpour. I met my friends Colleen and John at the Park Avenue Country Club to watch the U of M game. They were playing Vanderbilt, so it wasn't much of a challenge, so I was going to hang out with my friends. We were able to catch up and enjoy a 27-7 win by the Wolverines.
I had some time to kill before I headed to Queens to meet Perry, so I headed to Starbucks and read the NY Times. They had a good article about Pandora. I have probably mentioned this before, but what this is a music website that breaks down songs by tone, rhythm, genre, etc. and based on who you like, it will recommend other artists that you would like if you like that artist. It will let you listen to a whole song once, but once you move to the next song you can't hear it again. You can also do several other things, like give it a thumbs up and thumbs down, bookmark a song, or even buy the song.
I headed to Queens from the Manhattan and met Perry at Queensboro Plaza to take the subway trek to Flushing. Because of the rain, there was no US Open traffic. After we arrived in Flushing we headed on the bus. It was funny because everyone was lined up in a single filed line. I have never seen that in Manhattan or Brooklyn in such an orderly fashion! We took the bus to Perry's house, picked up beer and headed to Mike and Anne's house.
It's a really nice house and they are in the process of making renovations to it and they have done a really great job of the place. I can tell he can't wait until the game room is done...
The host cooked taco stuff for the guests. Anne made her award winning cookies. The guys all hung out in one room and the girls in the other room. We all caught up on our Augusts and talked about the upcoming football season and watched some football also.
Saturday, September 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment