It was a hot one on Saturday! With that in mind along with some really good World Cup games on, I wanted to get a quick start.
9:05amI had to return the bike that I had borrowed for Bike NY. First stop Queens, I rode the bike down Lexington to 59th street and headed on the subway. It was much better then my ride from 59th street up 3rd. Less traffic and a bike lane so I didn't have to fear being hit by a cab...
10:30am From Bayside, Queens, I headed over to Brooklyn and picked up Paul's car so I could bring a load over from the UES. I told the lesser used G train to my first Brooklyn bus. How fun! Picked up the keys and headed back to the UES. Please, no traffic. I was fine until I got on 96th street. My nemisis, the 3rd Ave street fair. I swear those street fairs are going to be the death of me. Hopefully, none to worry about on the way to Brooklyn.
12:37pm After quickly loaded the Lumina to the gills, I headed off to Brooklyn. I had see an slow down on the FDR, so I knew that I shouldn't get on there right away. It saved me a little time, but I was already a 1/2 hour behind schedule, hoping to be in Brooklyn at 12:30. Unloaded the car and brought it up to my suitcase(thank God this place has an elevator). No time for unpacking today. No worries, though b/c I won't be staying there until this coming weekend...
1:45pm Showered and watched the end a of the Czech-Ghana match. Ghana outplayed the Czechs and gave the US team some life.
2:30 Walked to Park Slop to 200 5th, a sports bar in the heart of the busiest areas of BK. It was packed and full of US fans. Side note: A friend of mine sent an email about where they planned on being for each game. They planned on venturing out to areas where one of the teams call "home". That's a great thing about the WC in a big city, so many fans! I was glad to be at a US dominated bar. When they scored the goal the crowd was crazy. They also made their feelings full force when the red cards were pulled out. It was a great game and at least the US got a point out of it and still have a chance...
6:00pm Back at the UES. Chilled out and watched the Machinist. I already knew the ending, but I wanted to see the movie. I was bored after 1 hour
9:00pm Headed to the LES via the bus. It took forever and was very hot. It took an hour, much longer than expected. Would not be taking it back. I had to meet my cousin for her 30th birthday at the People Lounge. It was a good time.
12:00 Had a piping hot piece of pizza and burned my upper gums.
Saturday, June 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment