I woke up at 4 am this morning. It was a dual reason. First, it was really hot in my apartment because the windows had been closed since the middle of the month. Secondly, I was surrounded by clothes and boxes, so subconsciously it was stressing me out. I put away a bunch of my clothes and then felt tired again. Went back to bed at 7 and woke up.
I waited for the cable guy to come and then I would head over to 170 E 91st Street. The cable guy came on time and I drove over to Manhattan around 11. It was a mess there, but it had to be clean. We had to fight through the painters throughout the move of the junk out. The good news was that all we had to do was bring it downstairs and nothing else. It didn't take long, thank God and I was glad when it was over.
I got done in time to get a haircut and then meet up with Roy for lunch before we drop off our cable box. We had delicious burgers at Fetch. Traffic was horrible for driving, and it probably would have been easier to take the subway, but oh well. I dropped off Roy and headed back to the BK to continue to situate my apartment. My goal was to finish the bedroom and finish the kitchen.
I was able to use my dishwasher for the first time. I forgot how much I missed a dishwasher. It does such a good job, so clean. I don't think I can ever go back to not having a dishwasher!
It was again hot in the apartment. I thought I would not get any relief from the heat because the wind usually comes in from the northwest, the opposite location of my apartment, but then I godsend happened, a slight rainfall. All of the sudden, the wind came in from the south and was pretty strong and actually cooled down the apartment. I would not have to move to the other side of the complex! With this and less clutter in the apartment, I slept much better!
Thursday, June 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment