Thursday, April 13, 2006

Mets vs Nats

I went down to Maryland to visit my sister for Easter. My parents ended up coming in also. As did my brother. I took the train down to Washington DC on Thursday and was going to meet my sister at Union Station and go straight to the game. It was a beautiful day and train ride was very "chill". I much prefer taking the train than any other form of transporation when I go down there. The station is right in Manhattan, so it is easy to get to. No going through metal detectors.

The weather was perfect. Mid-70s. Sunny. Union Station is really nice. Apparently it was renovated in the 90s. They have shopping and restaurants in the station. I didn't stay in there long. I had to enjoy the great weather. While I was waiting for my sister. I soaked up a few rays. It smell really nice outside, the smell of blooming trees flowed through the air.

My sister and her family picked me up and we headed to RFK stadium. It's an old school stadium that is converted from a football stadium. They are still fighting about a new stadium. And the other 29 teams still own the Nats. I guess it's better than having to spend your home games back and forth in Puerto Rico and Montreal.

The Mets are my adopted team, but the Tigers will always be my team. I had to wear my Mets cap. Apparently, I wasn't the only Met fan because I saw plenty of them. The Mets have started off really well this year, so I was pretty excited to see them in person. We made in the stadium by the middle of the first and it was already 4-0 Mets. Three home runs. It didn't get much better for Livan Hernandez and the Nats. The Mets clobbered the Nats 13-4.

After the 7th inning we left and headed out to DC for a little bit and had some cheese and beer at Cafe Berlin. We headed back to my sister's right during rush hour traffic, so it took a little while. At least I was able to experience the Beltway during rush hour!

No comments: