Easter Sunday was a very long day!
First was mass at my sister's Methodist church. This was my first foray at a Methodist church. Plenty of singing. My niece was in the childrens choir. The mass did go by quickly because of all the singing.
Next I took my nephew to see Scary Movie 4. He is a typical teenager who likes that slapstick humor. It wasn't as good as 3, but it still had it's funny parts.
When we returned, my brother and I played baseball with my niece and nephew. Just a little BP. My niece and my nephew have a good knack for hitting the ball. They must have my sister's genes. My sister was probably the athelete of all of us. Her and her team won the state championship in basketball when she was in high school.
Dinner was scrumptious. We had bbqed steaks, fish, tortellini salad, vegetables, roasted potatoes, and bread. Quite a feast! I was so full , but I needed for the ride home.
Yes the ride home. I rented a car because my parents, who also drove out there, brought some stuff that I left in Detroit because I didn't take out everything. This was better and cheaper than flying out to Detroit and driving back to New York.
I left at 6:30. It should have taken me 3 1/2 hours. Unfortunately the New Jersey Turnpike sucks and is so congested, so I didn't get New York until about midnight! I had to stop by my friend Paul's to drop off the TV because Roy was in Rochester and I couldn't carry up my TV 4 flights by myself without causing an injury. So, after I left Paul's I had to go back to my apartment and unload the remaing pieces. Not that much. Nonetheless, I didn't get done unpacking until 1:30 and then I needed to find a spot. It's about as easy as finding a spot in Annapolis on Saturday afternoon. I had no choice but to park at a meter (unless I wanted to pay for a parking garage, which would have been about $40). The only catch is that I would have had to be out by 7:30 am. I was hoping to sleep in, but no go.
Let me tell I was so happy to sleep on Monday night.
Sunday, April 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment