Monday, April 24, 2006

I took a wrong turn...

So if you click on the link below, you will see what a bone head mistake I made. I went to play soccer at Riverside Park (138th and Riverside Dr). It was a 9:30 game, so I headed out of my place at 8:30, in order to give me enough time to make it before the game started (since I had the uniforms). I should have taken the 1 line (the red line on the far left), but I took the 2 (the red line more towards the middle). Not only is it much farther than I thought, the area is a little rougher...
I walked out wearing my headphones, but after about 2 minutes I knew I was not in the same neighborhood that the park was in, they were off. I was in the heart of the GHETTO! I saw craps being played, drug deals being made, and I'm sure there many other things going on.

Then I made the even dumber mistake thinking that I could walk to Riverside Park. Besides the fact that it is far there is a really high high hill. Once I saw that, I looked for a cab, but there were none in site (would not happen in a gentrified area), but there were car hires. I am happy to say I made it to the game on time. However, we lost 3-0.





No comments: