
Crash was the best movie that I have seen this year to date. It makes you wonder is racism that extreme in the US. While I think that most of the stories were to the extreme, they were wonderfully intertwined and moving.
Don Cheadle put together a great cast. I thought Matt Dillon's role was awesome as well as Terrance Howard. I wonder as I have left an area where I was a minority in Singapore, do other societies have racism that the US has.
I grew up in the suburb of Eastpointe, MI (formerly East Detroit), a mile north of the the city with highest percentage of its population that is African American. I lived in a college with a house father who was my Grandmother's age and was so racist towards African Americans. He had lived through the 1943 and 1967 riots and his sister was raped by a black man. If that was you would you would feel that way towards black people? I am really not sure, but I would have to say that my outlook on African American people would change (as it would with any other ethnicity/race that did the same).
This is what happened to the people in this movie. Because of what they have seen in their evrey day lives and having experienced certain situations on a personal level, they became racist. This was a definite must see.
1 comment:
China's leaders launch new attack on internet free speech
Chinese bloggers are about to face another wave of Government sanctions and harassment, with an announcement by the Chinese Government of a new crackdown against news on the internet deemed "not in the national ...
What is this place? Blog heaven??? hah hah. Hey, no really I like it. It's..shall we say..refreshing! Lets just say I'll be bookmarking you.
Hey if you get a minute to spare see our dsl provider service site.We have the best deals on dsl provider service. See you there!
Post a Comment