Sunday, September 11, 2005

Goldawr 2005

Every year, a friend of Lynn's, Nick and two of his high school friends rent a house in Long Beach Island, which is about 2 1/2 hours away from NYC and host Goldawr. It usually ends up being a drinkfest on Saturday with plenty food. This year was a little different. I didn't look at the reservation until Saturday morning. Thank God I did look. The invitation was for Sunday only. It would have been a little awkward to show up early, if they had been there at all.

Since I didn't head out there, I decided to watch Ray that night. Jaime Foxx did do a good job. I felt like was watching Ray Charles himself.

Roy gave me the honour of using his car. I headed down there around 10. The weather was perfect. I arrived at around the same time a few of the New Yorkers arrived. We had a good time. I caught up with Nick, Laura, Tracy, Chris and a few of the other regulars to see how everybody has been since I had last seen them. I haven't some of them since last year's Goldawr. As usual, they had a good spread and I stayed way too late, but every minute was a blast. I wish Lynn would have been there...

No comments: