Monday, September 05, 2005

The Longest Day EVER!!!

I woke up as late as I could and Lynn walked me down to catch a cab to the airport. I was nice and tired, so that should bode well I try pass out in about 5 hours. If I couldn't there was the video all the way back to Portland. I arrived at the airport at about 5 am, which was actually cutting it close, being that my flight was at 6. I didn't have much leeway, but I did make it on time. My flight plan was a little more complex than last time. I was to fly to Tokyo, change planes and fly out almost immediately and head on a plane to Portland, OR. I would arrive there at 8, go through customs, and have a 4 1/2 hour layover, fly to Minneapolis, have another 2 hour layover and head to JFK and arrive at 11:30. In total, I slept for about 3 hours, watched three movies, read about 350 pages of the DaVinci code, and ate several sodium filled meals. Needless to say, I was glad to be on the ground. To tease me a little before arriving at the gate, the plane had to wait on the runway until another plane left the gate. I was lucky enough to have my back come out quickly so I was able to be the others to the taxi stand. I was looking forward to a full day of work the next day.

No comments: