Saturday, August 20, 2005

Good People in This World


As some of you may or may not know, I recently took an exam to become certified to be come a personal trainer. Besides passing an exam, you need to be certified to administer CPR.

I went for my certification at the American Red Cross office today. While most of the people in this class were surprisingly personal trainers (over 50%!), some people were not doing this for their profession, but because they wanted to be able to administer CPR, whether it was because they lived in a assisted living home or nobody else in the neighborhood had it.

I know there are people out there that are like that all over the world, but it was good meet people that are actually care to help out other human beings. Wouldn't it be nice if our news was filled with stories like that?

A little side note. Some people think that New York City is cold. I saw a mugging happen right before my eyes yesterday in Union Square. Somebody on a bike pulled a pedestrian's necklace right off of their neck about a half a block away from me. Three people immediately came to her aid. I guess I am still a bit surprised when I see others helping out strangers in a city of over 8 million people.

No comments: