Sunday, October 07, 2007

Vegas Baby!

My friend Mike and his wife, France, were heading to Vegas to celebrate her 30th birthday, so we packed up late, late Friday night and headed to Vegas and arrived very, very early on Saturday morning...

This was my first time in Vegas. I was pretty excited about, especially since I have been working some very long hours at work, so i needed to let off some steam. As we crossed the California border to Primm, the lights started to shine and got even brighter about 40 minutes later when we arrived in Las Vegas. To no surprise, the city was still alive at 4 am!

After a nap, we headed to the MGM for a serious brunch and to meet up with the rest of our guests, Mike's boy Raul and his girl along with his uncle Dave and his wife, Beth. And then a surprise showed up, Mike's dad and his wife. Things progressed from there. After enjoying an awesome omelette and other assorted goodies, we headed to New York, New York to go check it out. I headed to the craps table where I lost some loot and continued to lose for the next hour. I finally walked away about halfway through my allotted amount, so I headed to meet up with everybody at the bar and watch Band She, some band Uncle Dave had been raving about, basically a cover band with hot chicks.

After I got bored, I went to check out the ESPN zone and got pulled away by the wall of college football games and decided to bet on the LSU-Florida game. The board said LSU by 4, but when I went up to the booth, it was 7. I still took LSU, but was a little hesitant. I watched the first half and LSU looked a little shaky so I decided to stop watching and head back to the room. A few people were passed out from the long day and I decided to try my luck at craps. Broke even and went back upstairs. People still passed out, so I watched the LSU-FL game. It was the end of the game and LSU was down by three with about a minute to go and driving down the field. Because the line was 7, I was actually hoping for them to kick a field goal so they can go into overtime so I could possibly get a push if they won by 7. The bastards scored a touchdown. I hate gambling...

People were still getting ready and I was bored, so I decided to go play craps again. I was there for another hour, broke even again. I couldn't get over the hump! Finally, everybody was ready so we headed to the far end of the strip near Caesar's to go to a few bars/club. We had a good time and we stayed out pretty late. I went separately from my roommates and went with Mike's dad. They left before me, I arrived back, wandered for food, ate, arrived back at the room, went to sleep and they finally arrived an hour later from getting crappy Mexican food.

I woke up the next day still tired and went to watch the hapless Lions get creamed by the 'Skins. I went for the craps table about halfway through the game, started getting my mo' back and won a little. I walked away when the rolls started going bad and went to watch some more games. I walked around a little bit and went back to the same table. I entered at the right time and won a little more. All in all, I lost money, but I did make most of my losses back on Sunday!

After 36 hours, we headed back home into the sunset on my first trip to Sin City. Looking forward to my next trip!

No comments: