My cousin Marisa was in town, so I meet up with here in West Hollywood (the third time I was in this area in the last four days!). She set up reservations at Maestro's. Maestro's is in that genre of fancy steakhouses like Smith and Wollensky's, Morton's and Ruth Chris. I ordered a wonderful Bordeaux wine that went well with the steak. They tried to explain their cooking method. But basically, they coat the steak with butter and parsley, start the cooking process at a very high temp and then bring it down. When they serve the steak, it comes on a heated plate! Let me tell the steak WAS like butter. I don't think I have had a steak that cut so easily and tasted so good. To boot, we order lobster mashed potatoes. I didn't like where they sat us, but our waiter was very good.
Atmosphere: 7
Service: 8
Food: 9
Overall: 24
Friday, October 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment