Saturday, October 07, 2006

So long Yankees

The Tigers beat all the so-called experts and decided that the last week of the season had no bearing on how they would perform in the playoffs. After picking up my new phone, I headed back to the crib and watched the game with PP. I had missed the first few innings and the Tigers were already up on Jared Wrong 3-0. I wasn’t really surprised that they were up, but the Tiger pitcher, Jeremy Bonderman has been known to blow a few leads in the past, so I couldn’t get too excited. But as the game progress, the Tigers were dominating. Bonderman had one of his best outings of the year. Perfect time for it. The Tigers easily beat the heavily favored Yankees and there solid batting 8-3.

I was getting excited that they might actually have a chance to make it to the World Series for the first time since I was 8 years old. But that’s another story at another time. I’ve never seen a celebration so crazy for a Divisional Series. It was like they were going to the World Series. Hopefully, they do not reduce their intensity when they play the A’s, their next opponent. Based on my list they did provide 5 out 7 and with that they won the series. I hope that they receive more credit than I have a feeling their going to get because everyone will be saying that the Yankees didn’t play up to their potential rather than the Tiger actually being the better team.

No comments: