Saturday, March 18, 2006

Strutting around in Soho

We had a good nights sleep and tried to get an early start on the day. I took them down to the Sony Store, Charles Trywrth, and then we headed down to Soho to the Adidas experience store. Stella McCartney just started a line with Adidas and they had these women outside of the store in glass boxes doing several yoga moves. It was good marketing event.

After finishing up in the Adidas store and went to Sakura Sushi in Noho. It seemed like this place just opened recently. The service was impeccable there. I had this really good Spicy Seafood Soup. We had ordered several different maki rolls. They were different than other maki rolls that I have had because they had raw fish on the inside and the outside. They were quite delicious. The Dynamite Roll and New Yorker rolls were awesome! We walked around a little bit in Soho and ended up in Rice to Riches. It's a rice pudding place that has 10 different flavors. It's one of my favorite dessert places. Feras and Brent were happy with the choice.

We chilled out for a while at the apt and looked for a place to eat. We didn't want anything heavy, then a thought came in my head, why not Argentine??? There happened to be a place near my place called Hacienda de Argentina. We weren't disappointed. In fact it was the best steak I have had in the US. You have the choice of American or Argentine beef. I went to Argentina a year ago, so there is a difference and I highly recommended the Argentine beef. They are grass fed no proteins. And whether you order the American or Argentine beef, they cook it a la parilla. A la parilla is slow cooked over an open flame. It is definitely worth the wait. They had really good Argentine wines and alfajores. Four stars in my book!

We were planning on staying in the area that night, but then I received a call from Patrick Parsons, a friend of Feras and mine who just moved back from Australia to the States. We ended up meeting up with him down in Union Square at the Coffee Shop. Patrick was putting down the drinks quickly and suggested that we head to a bar in Williamsburg. I thought he mentioned that he was meeting someone there, but it turns out he just liked the place. A little out of the way, but still a nice place. We all caught up since we haven't seen Patrick since 2003. We ended up closing the bar and Patrick even suggested that we go for a nightcap at his place in Tribeca. Since it was already 4:30, we declined and headed to bed...

No comments: