I have never been a big fan of the holiday, even when I have had a girlfriend. My most vivid memory of Valentine's Day was 3 years ago, when I was in Sydney. Before we had arrived in Sydney, Roy, had purchased tickets for the Pearl Jam concert on Feb 14th, in the hopes of having someone to go with. When he told me about it, I jumped at the chance.
This was the birth of Stonefeld (due to possible future use, I cannot explain it in detail because I don't have it copyrighted). Rather than rewriting the story, I am placing my diary from that day in this submission (somewhat edited).
I had to get up early to get a hold of the OMB person if he didn’t reply to my email and also contact the person in the Ford program, so I was up and at ‘em before 8. I paid for internet access before I got to school because I knew I wouldn’t arrive until after nine, then I realized that it would be unprofessional to talk on the cell phone as buses whizzed by. I arrived at school all excited to try out the wireless card to make sure it work, but I had to call Steve since he didn’t respond to my email. Luckily, he was at his desk after 5 PM EST and we cleared everything up and I set up an interview for next week, still wasn’t sure if it wasn’t going to be on Wednesday or Friday.
The wireless worked! I took full advantage until
I was going to head to the beach, but still had a few things to check online including the opening act for the Pearl Jam concert to see if it was worth it. As expected, I really didn’t see a need to head there early. By the time I headed home, it was cloudy, so I took a much-needed nap. I awoke from my slumber and showered before heading to
We got off the bus and took a taxi the rest of the way because there was no direct bus to the
Now the rest of the night will turn into a short film with different scene, which I will explain afterwards.
The Water
We were feeling pretty good but didn’t want to head in yet. We decided to sit down by a tree on the concrete circle surround a tree. We sat down and I noticed bottled water between Roy and I. I was feeling pretty thirsty. I sort of wanted it.
Then, a guy asks us if he could use our water. We reply that it isn’t our water and he could use it to his discretion and we would not be held responsible. He replies by saying that all he needed it was for his water bong and we respond by saying that it should work wonders for what he needs it for. Not the response we expected to hear especially because we were in a public domain. Then, we start chatting with them as they smoke away on a small plastic bottle bong (similar to a Juicy Juice bottle), and it turns out he is a professional skateboarder and sponsored by the same people as the shirt Roy is wearing (Ezekiel). Good people and we venture off to head into the amphitheatre.
The Concert
You wait in line to get inside, but they don’t check your ticket. They only check for weapons, etc. After
After finishing the first beer, we get in line in our entrance (which is where the entertainment center finally asks for the tickets) and they tell us we cannot bring alcohol into the venue. That is totally not like a
The ticket we sold to that guy was sold to at least another person who might have been the person who sat in the seat.
Pearl Jam finally comes on. They rocked the house. They played lots of songs from the new one (obviously) and plenty of old stuff especially from Ten, Versus, and Vitalogy. Eddie Vedder mentions that the show is on the radio, which was pretty cool. They played two encores. The crazy thing about the show was that the crowd was lame. I don’t believe half of the crowd stood up during any part of the concert. It was probably because they couldn’t bring drinks in!
After the concert, our options were limited because we were dressed pretty casual, wearing shorts, but I decided to show Roy Kings Cross. Nonetheless, he enjoyed the scenery. While we were sipping on a brew, we decided that the night could be a movie, with little shorts. The section titled the Water Bottle was one scene. Another scene would have been the ticket. But the way that would have been set up is it would have followed the path of the ticket (meaning it would have left us after we sold it to the first guy) until
After we couldn’t get in anywhere worthwhile in Kings Cross, we headed back to the Coogee Bay Hotel for a few drinks and ran into Michelle and some first year student. Michelle was wearing her new hoochie outfit which was at least from this decade that Kelly Stone helped her pick it out. We stayed until about 2 went for some pizza and headed home.
No comments:
Post a Comment