Thursday, February 16, 2006

Ipodless

I realized how dependant I have come on my Ipod. A few weeks ago, I finally became fed up with the lack of battery power that my 3rd generation Ipod was providing me, roughly 30 minutes to an hour (the new ones last at least 12 hours, most longer)! I bought a replacement battery and self installed it. It installed fine, but then my hard drive decided not to work. So since then I have not had an Ipod. I have avoided any long subway trips alone, I have reverted to watching the Simpsons, Sportscenter, etc. on the TVs at the gym. My life has changed drastically...

Now, since then, the songs that I have heard have minimized. So when I hear a song it is instilled in my head much longer. For instance, I was watching the Lisa Loeb show, #1 Single, and the song Stay was stuck in my head for a whole week!

I am heading to an Ipod repair shop to get it fixed. Wish me luck...otherwise it is buying a newer Ipod, if I can keep my job after all the layoffs occur at my job.

No comments: